1200 Calorie Diet Secret Guide
One of the best ways to stay in shape is by restricting your per day calorie intake to 1200.
Yes, the 1200 calorie diet is a secret followed by several women to maintain their weight.
Even health experts appreciate this plan as it doesn’t make the dieter starve or feel hungry throughout the day.
So if you are serious about shedding those extra pounds, you can adopt this program without any hesitation.
The diet plan doesn’t have a single prescribed menu and thus you get the freedom to include the foods that you like more.
However, you have to focus on eating nutritious and low-calorie items while avoiding junk food completely.
Here is a quick guide and sample menu that explains this diet:
Your calorie aim for the day’s first meal is 250 – 300. So start your day with a healthy breakfast that should look like this:
- One glass creamy banana smoothie.
- 1 whole wheat muffin with a spoon of peanut butter and half portion of banana.
300 to 350 calories is your limit for the lunch. Consider this filling and wholesome example:
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread.
- 1 slice of low fat cheese.
- 3 ounces low-fat turkey breast.
- A tomato and a piece of lettuce.
The dinner calorie aim should be between 400 to 500 calories. Here is an ideal menu:
- 3 ounces skinless chicken breast (baked, boiled or grilled)
- 2/3 rd cup of brown rice.
- 1 cup cooked broccoli.
That’s was all about your main menu but that’s not all.
To your delight, this amazing diet plan also allows you to eat a couple on snacks in between the 3 major meals.
However, snacking here means eating only nourishing and fibre-rich foodstuff.
SAMPLE SNACKS MENU
In the Mid-Morning- If you feel hungry between breakfast and lunch, you can consume an apple as well as some almonds.
In the Mid-Afternoon- You may go for low-fat yogurt (up to 8 oz.)
Post–Dinner – Craving for something after completing the dinner? No problem. You can eat two fat-free fig cookies with a cup of skimmed milk.
If you have decided to kick-start this diet, do consider these suggestions to achieve the best results for your efforts:
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day. Avoid all type of sugary drinks and resort to water to fulfil your fluid intake.
- Exercise regularly. Activities like sit-ups and push-ups help built muscle-health while putting the consumed calories to work. You may consult a fitness expert to design a suitable exercising chart for you.
- Aim at correcting your overall eating habits rather than just focusing on one-time weight loss. Understand the importance of replacing the unhealthy foods with healthful items such as fruits, vegetables, nuts and whole grains. You will soon develop a taste for the healthier choices.
You may initially find this diet a little tough to be followed, but if you are really keen to balance your weight, you must adhere to it.
After all, it is one of the most effective weight control plans available contemporarily!