Spicy Prawn and Vegetable Sauce Recipe. This quick, spicy and healthy prawn sauce is about to uplift your meal prep game as this sauce pairs nicely with everything.
The benefits of eating prawns are endless.
This spicy shrimp sauce is so easy and versatile using simple ingredients.
It can be eaten with anything; brown rice, plantains, sweet potato, bulgur, or even throw in some cooked pasta for a yummy treat.
I definitely see this sauce as part of a meal prep, and according to my brother they are so addictive and tasty.
Why not try and enjoy!
Prawns are a great source of complete protein and are equally really low in calories which means they can be enjoyed without guilt.
They also contain Omega 3 Fatty acids that are healthy fats that can lead to reduced chances of a heart attack and lower your cholesterol.
Switching out your usual chicken for prawns in your meal prep or weekly meals is a great way to cut down on calories as well as get closer to your health goals.
Depending on where you live in the world the cost of purchasing prawns may vary.
Here I used Jumbo King Prawns.
They remained firm throughout the reheating process and all you need is about 3-4 pcs for each meal, so this makes it perfect for preparing your meals ahead of time.
Feel free to also make this sauce for the whole family, it will be gone in no time.
- 1 red bell pepper, 2 scotch bonnet, ½ onion, 2 garlic cloves and a little bit of ginger (blended).
- Jumbo King Prawns, seasoned with all purpose seasoning and 1 knor cube.
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 cup of bell peppers sliced thinly.
- Salt, Curry powder and Thyme
- On medium heat, sauté the sliced peppers for about a minute.
- Add the blended pepper mix and continue to cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the seasoned prawns and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the seasoning (curry, thyme and salt) to the pan, mix and make sure all items are well coated.
- Cover the pan and continue to cook on medium heat for another 5-10 minutes depending on the size of your prawns till they are pink and cooked through.
- If you prefer a thicker sauce than pictured here, you can scoop out the prawns and reduce the sauce further and then reintroduce the prawns when you achieve the consistency you desire.Serves: 6 – 7
Total time: 15 minutes